HAPPY NEW YEAR’S EVE!
I have been a very bad blogger as of late, but I can’t end this year without saying a few words about this incredible year.
This year was one of the best I’ve had in my life (even if the rest of world had a pretty lousy one). This year, I:
- GOT MARRIED!!!!
- went to Mexico!
- hiked, hiked, and hiked some more
- DID A LOT OF STUFF
- turned THIRTY!
- learned to love martinis!
- traveled to England (post to come)!
- (bought a house! sort of. more to come, shhhh)
I am excited for 2015 because:
- I get to celebrate the marriages of TWO couples (Yay, Justin and Sabrina! Yay, Jacy and Nick!)
- We’re moving!!! (more to come, shhhhh)
- I am going to drink ALL the gin. (while learning to make martinis, of course)
- I am going to hike even MORE.
- I am going to run 2 5Ks. At least that is what I just decided. This exact minute.
- We’ll probably get to go on some sort of awesome vacation. Maybe.
My hope is that 2015 brings me good things in addition to my above goals – I want to write more, I want to lose that weight I’ve been promising to lose, I want to finally learn to sew, and learn to knit. I want to bake bread and throw elaborate dinner parties. I want to read as many books as I can (but I am forgoing the Goodreads challenge, sort of). I want to learn to run a 10 minute mile. I want to remember to send cards for every birthday and return phone calls and visit the people I love!
I am not one to make resolutions; every year I try, and every year I fail. So instead, I am just giving my self some hoped goals (mixed in with the things I know are going to happen) and we’ll see where I land.
Have a safe and fun night tonight, fellow celebratory people! I hope you get to ring in the new year with the people you love.
See you next year!